The WhyIslam project, including this website, are wholly owned by
The Islamic Circle of North America,
166-26, 89th Avenue
Jamaica, NY 11432
The Islamic Circle of North America (“ICNA”) and our units value the privacy of our Web site visitors. ICNA has created this privacy statement in order to disclose information gathering and dissemination practices for the WhyIslam Web site. This privacy statement was last updated on 01/12/02.
Information collected on this site will be used according to the following guidelines:
1. Contact Us.
We use e-mail links located on various areas of the site to allow you to contact us directly with any questions, comments, or requests you may have. We read every message sent in and try to reply promptly. This information is used to respond directly to your questions, comments, and requests. We may also file your comments to improve the site and program, or review and discard the information. Your personal information is only used by the WhyIslam project or a project associated with ICNA. No third parties will receive your personal information without your explicit permission.
2. Logged Files and Cookies.
When you log onto the Internet, your ISP automatically assigns an IP address to your computer. Web servers identify your computer by its IP address, and we use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers, to administer our Web site, and to constantly improve the value of the materials available on the Web site. We do not link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable. This means that a user’s session will be tracked, but the user will be anonymous.
3. Information Collected.
We collect individually identifiable information (such as name, mailing address, e-mail address, and phone number) from all who request our free literature, or any of the other services offered by the “WhyIslam” project. ICNA and its units use the collected information to (a) deliver products and services; (b) analyze and monitor visitor activity; (c) promote and support the services offered in connection with WhyIslam and other ICNA projects; (d) help plan the future development of the site and the products and services offered; and (e) develop a knowledge base regarding the WhyIslam Web site users. No third parties will receive your personal information without your explicit permission.
- If you request free literature, your address is used to mail the literature to the address you have provided. It may be used to send you information relevant to WhyIslam and its objectives, in the future, or keep you updated about major events, organized by ICNA.
- If you request one-to-one email correspondence, your email address will be used by one of our associates to correspond with you in order to respond to your questions and concerns. The correspondence is “at will” and may be discontinued by either side with or without reason or cause. Should you wish to stop receiving emails from any of our associates, please express this in your email to the associate and copy this email to email@example.com.
- If you request a mosque visit, your contact information will be used to find the mosque nearest to the address provided by you. One of our associates will get in touch with you to arrange a suitable time for you to visit a mosque. While we do our best to arrange mosque visits, we do not make any guarantees about it, or the time frame in which the mosque visit would be arranged.
- Subscription to our mailing list, will enable you to receive information on Islam and Muslims regularly through our list server. The first email sent to you through the mailing list will include instructions on how to subscribe and unsubscribe. You can unsubscribe at any time, by following these instructions.
- ICNA or the WhyIslam project may be required to disclose personal information by applicable law or in connection with the enforcement of ICNA contract or property rights. ICNA is a not-for-profit organization and will not sell or give your personal information to anyone. ICNA or its units may use the information for purposes relating to the operation of ICNA.
Protecting your privacy and your information is a top priority at ICNA. Thus, ICNA and its agents use commercially reasonable means to protect the integrity of its Web site and the confidentiality of collected data. Our employees and associates are aware of our privacy and security policies and your information is only accessible to those employees and associates who need it in order to perform their jobs. ICNA, however, cannot provide absolute assurance against, and will not be liable for, any breaches of confidentiality due to system failures or unauthorized access by third parties. ICNA cannot verify the identity of the user entering the contact information, and will not be liable for misuse by third parties who enter your information without your consent.
The WhyIslam Web site is intended for users who are 13 years of age or older. If you are not 13 years of age or older, do not submit any information to this website.
6. Update User Information.
Reasonable access to personally identifiable information will be provided within 60 days at no cost to the user. If access cannot be provided within that timeframe, ICNA will provide the user a date when the information will be provided. If for some reason access is denied, ICNA will provide an explanation as to why access has been denied.
The site contains links to other Web sites. We encourage you to visit these Web sites to learn about their privacy policies as theirs may differ from those of WhyIslam. We encourage you to read the privacy statement of any Web site you may visit.
The WhyIslam Project
P.O. Box 1054,
Piscataway, NJ 08854